Missouri State University's Small Business & Technology Development Center, with offices located in Springfield and West Plains, is part of a nationwide network and is affiliated with and supported by Missouri State University's Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (VPRED). Our local center was established in October of 1982 to provide businesses with training, products and solutions designed to help them become part of Missouri's thriving business sector.
On this web site, you will find training opportunities, product information, and details regarding the services available to your company through the SBTDC. All services are focused on providing assistance to businesses and entrepreneurs that will result in positive economic impact. Impact is further defined as "job creation, job retention, increased sales, new business creation, business retention, dollar amounts of loans, and increased profitability."
The SBTDC has the following distinctions, which aid the center in offering you the most comprehensive services available:
- Associate Office of the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Official loan packager for the SBA Export Working Capital Program
- Certified by the National Association of Small Business Development Centers
Our resource partners also include:
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Missouri Department of Economic Development
- Missouri Department of Agriculture
- Missouri Secretary of State's Office
- Area Chambers of Commerce
- Greater Ozarks International Trade Association
- Private Companies
- Financial Institutions
- Institute For Procurement Assistance
- Missouri State University - West Plains Satellite Office
The SBTDC Satellite Office in West Plains was established in December 1998. Missouri State University-WP is the local university that hosts and supports the program, while the SBTDC is actually a satellite center of the Springfield SBTDC. The West Plains SBTDC Office is located in the West Plains Civic Center. For more information call (417) 255-7966.
"The Small Business & Technology Development Center at Missouri State University helped us navigate through the Federal Governments paperwork to secure SBA loan financing for our business. Without them, it would have been difficult and time consuming for us to complete all of the required paperwork. As business owners, our productivity and efficiency is important to us especially since our time is already limited. They guided us effortlessly through the various requirements of the SBA loan application. Because of the work of the SBTDC, we were able to secure a working capital loan to expand our business in Ozark. We are very grateful and appreciative. Since the approval of our SBA loan we have continued to use the services at the Center whether business planning, cash management, or even one-on-one consultations. This Center does provide a valuable service to many small business owners, to our employees, and to our expanded communities" - David & Rheanna Ellingson, Accent Flooring
Missouri States SBTDC helps both established businesses and those just beginning. The only requirements are a strong desire to help yourself and an interest in contributing to the stability of Missouri's economy.
- Manufacturers employing up to 500
- Wholesalers employing up to 100
- Retailers with annual gross sales of up to $6.5 million
- Service businesses with gross revenues of up to $6.5 million
- General construction firms with average annual receipts of up to $31 million
- Special trade construction with average annual receipts not exceeding $13 million
- Agriculture with average annual receipts of up to $750,000